During the crises caused by the pandemic, museums must continue to serve their staff with empathy and care for their well-being. This section contains information on meeting the internal challenges in the COVID-19 crisis, such as Financial and Mental Health Resources.
COVID-19 Resources Main Page || This page was last updated December 2020
This section is designed to connect small museum administrators and museum professionals with resources that may assist in applying or federal financial assistance, or identify alternative funding sources for COVID-19 relief.
Financial Resources for Museums
- Mid-Atlantic Museums – Emergency Funding Sources
A compilation of federal and state resources for museums, largely focused on the mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
- American Association of Museums – Finding Financial Relief and Support
Data on federal and independent funding opportunities, along with information for individual museum employees.
- U.S. Treasury – CARES Act Funding
Information on federal funding available for private non-profit organizations with fewer than 500 employees.
- Small Business Administration – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
Information about loan programs through the SBA for which nonprofits such as museums can qualify.
- Giving Compass – Coronavirus and COVID-19 Response and Relief Funds
A database of over 600 funding sources compiled by Giving Compass and the National Center for Family Philanthropy–many specifically geared towards COVID-19 relief for nonprofits.
Financial Resources for Museum Employees
- CareerOneStop (U.S. Department of Labor) – Unemployment Benefits Finder (by state)
A tool to determine what unemployment benefits may be available to you by state and how to apply for them.
- U.S. Department of Labor – How Do I File for Unemployment Insurance?
A how-to guide explaining the intricacies of unemployment benefit programs containing information on eligibility and application processes.
- Museum Workers Speak – Museum Workers’ Relief Fund
A mutual aid fund for museum workers.
Working from Home and Work-Life Balance
- National Council on Public History – “Quar-interning”
Information on searching for and choosing a digital internship, and tips for how to successfully navigate online research and responsibilities.
- Scientific American – How to Prevent Loneliness in a Time of Social Distancing
Advice for those working in full or partial isolation, including tips for fighting loneliness and strategies for preserving mental health.
- Mayo Clinic – Work-life balance: Tips to Reclaim Control
Strategies for dealing with work-life balance during a pandemic when working from home and at the office.
Mental Health Resources
- Center for Disease Control – Coping with Stress
Strategies for coping with stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic with many links to outside resources.
- Healthline – 6 Long-term Strategies for Coping with Anxiety
Resources and tips for coping with anxiety.
- CNN – How to Work from Home Without Losing Your Sanity
Tips to mitigate stress while working from home, and best ways to ensure a productive workday without becoming overwhelmed.